Given that stars to road has grown quite a bit it is time to give a quick overview over the toolbox we described so far (or wanted to but did not yet). This list is meant to grow, once we add more tools into the toolbox.
First the essentials of the stars to road framework
Innovations mature from stars to road.
Aspects of Maturity
Innovations mature along three aspects: business, technology and commitment. Don’t forget the third!
A simple tool to assess the maturity of an innovation from stars to road.
The flywheel of the innovation: Fast cycles with users, customers and other stakeholders. Lean Startup uses the similar build – measure – learn cylce (not described yet).
not desribed yet
While maturing, get creative and define and collect metrics that really allow you to go, to kill or to cure.
Creating solutions needs work on three levels: story, concept and details.
The story decides the fate of an innovation. Make it powerful. To have powerful stories NABC (Ourspeak), Business Model Canvas and Lean Canvas are great helpers.
Fields of Expertise
A great innovation combines the best from business, market, UX, domain, technology and corporate abilities into one great package.
A strategy of how you involve your partners into your work so you do not loose ages to evaluate the best suppliers.
User Story Mapping
The tools from clouds to retirement to manage product releases.
not yet described
The goals you set based on your actionable metrics to continue, to kill or to cure.
not yet described
Gain an overview over the many items in your innovation pipeline.
Some more tools we put in our toolbox:
- Process Maps (User centred business analysis): A rich visualisation of process know how including structure, detailed steps, pains, and opportunities.
- User Journeys (not described yet): A visualisation of the work, the life and the dreams of the potential users.
- Story Telling (not described yet): The many ways of creating an experience of the users’ world tomorrow, when an innovation will be on the market.
- Speed Creation (Increase productivity with a speed creation session): a three days workshop format to nail the vision for an up-coming development.
- Design thinking (not yet described and we probably won’t): a framework running many UCD cycles to get from stars to clouds.
- Creativity Techniques (not described yet, and we probably won’t): Ways too milk the brains for more and better ideas in a workshop setting.